Melton City Council Pet Registrations

March 2024 in Events & Local Area

Animal Registration and Renewal

All dogs and cats over three (3) months of age must be microchipped and registered with Council. It is a legal requirement in Victoria as per the Domestic Animals Act 1994.

When completing your new animals' registration, please provide a copy of all relevant documents, including:

proof of microchip
sterilisation certificate, and
pension concession card (if applicable)
(eligible pension cards: Services Australia Pension Concession Card, Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Pension Concession Card & DVA Gold Card with War Widow or TPI entitlements)

Please note: if a copy of all relevant documents are not provided, this may prevent you from receiving a reduced fee or we may not be able to accept the registration.

See here for more info: